When starting a business, there may be a million items on your checklist, but information technology (IT) may not be one. You may not be thinking about how to leverage IT for your new business, but in today’s world, you may want to move it closer to the top of your list. In this article, we’ll talk about what information technology is and what it can do for your business.
What exactly is information technology (IT)?
TechTarget defines information technology as “the use of any computers, storage, networking and other physical devices, infrastructure and processes to create, process, store, secure and exchange all forms of electronic data.” An IT team will oversee, monitor, and optimize the networks, servers, and applications for a business, essentially making sure everything is secure and efficient.
Why is it important to have IT support?
There are endless benefits to working with a skilled IT team. Information technology experts can help protect your business and also help improve, even grow your business. Let’s name some of the benefits an IT team can provide:
- Security – Placing your business’s networks and technology into the hands of IT experts will give you peace of mind, especially as a new business.
- Communication – With IT help, you can have access to the most efficient communication tools to communicate with your team and clients.
- Customer Service – Cutting edge CRM software will help your team streamline tasks and projects, moving them through the pipeline quickly while making sure all steps are completed.
- Processes and Procedures – Information technology provides a detailed look into your business’s presence, both local and online, to provide data analytics and suggestions for improvements.
- Boost Sales – An IT team will help you leverage digital tools for marketing and e-commerce to easily grow your reach and increase profit.
- Decrease Costs – Information technology makes it possible to use less physical and digital space to store your assets. By harnessing the power of IT, your business could save money by consolidating programs and using less energy.
Why do many small businesses have a lack of IT management?
As a new business just starting out, you will likely not have any profit or extra spending money. This is why IT normally lands on the back burner. Along with cost, new or small businesses can face other challenges when it comes to information technology:
- No time to implement new systems
- Lack of knowledge regarding the right technology
- No one trained to educate employees
- Not enough time to train employees
- Not viewed as important enough for valuable time
Why consider IT when starting a new business?
There are many important IT considerations when starting a business, but where should you start? It may seem like as a new business you won’t need to worry about information technology, but it could be the best time.
If you’re unsure where to start, our experienced IT team would love to guide you in this process. Even if you don’t think you can afford it, we would love to talk to you about your needs and what we can offer! Simply give us a call at 1-574-306-4017 or send us a message on our Contact page and we will get back in touch with you as soon as we can.
We can fix your computer problems!
We are a locally owned and operated business that handles IT residential and commercial computer services and selling of hardware.